Our Dedication to Site Safety
Safety has been at the forefront of what we do. With continuous investment in training, we have a very highly skilled workforce.
All our carpenters are fully CSCS qualified in carpentry & joinery along with timber frame erection. In addition to this, carpenters are IPAF trained, and carry a whole host of supporting training certificates.
Before our carpenters arrive on site they will be:
- Fully qualified
- Face fitted
- HAV monitors fitted to all power tools
- M-class dust extraction system on all cutting tools
- Tools PAT tested
As part of our commitment to health and wellbeing, we have annual health surveillance for our site staff covering Lung Function, Hand Arm Vibration, Hearing and Dermatitis screening.
Health and Safety Advice
We have our own full time Safety Advisor within the company, keeping us up to date with health, safety and welfare matters.
Mandy is responsible for setting our high standards with regards to health and safety, and though consultation with site staff, this is maintained throughout our work. Adopting a friendly and proactive approach, she is able to offer advice and suggestions whilst carrying out regular site inspections.
Example of a person’s training:
- Timber Frame Erection – NVQ Level 2
- Lifting Operations Supervisor – NVQ Level 4
- Slinger/Signaller – NVQ Level 2
- Site Carpentry -NVQ Level 2
- IPAF 3a/3b
- IPAF 1b
- IPAF Harness Training
- Rapid EPS Installer
- Bostitch Nail Gun Training
- Paslode Nail Gun Training
- Curotec (Operation and Use)
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- Abrasive Wheels